Re-disc-overing Our Love (6-22-12)

I am so excited to be back in the dating game! I wanted the first date after our break to be fun and summery and something we haven't done for a date night yet. What says summer more than having a pleasant dinner picnic in your backyard?
It was the perfect picnic menu. Light, refreshing and delicious. We have some robins who made a nest in our backyard, and they kept us company with their new baby chicks as we enjoyed our meal.
Don't let my cropping of Eli in the above pictures fool you. Our children did accompany us on this date. But we tried to ignore them as best we could.
By "ignoring" our children I really mean taking our date to a park with a huge field next to it so that Eli could slide to his heart's content and we could play a little frisbee golf. Yes I said frisbee golf. It's exactly what you're imagining. You hit a target with a frisbee. Lowest score wins.
Frisbee golf is one of Jeff's favorite activities. He and his friends have created a course looping around and through SUU's campus.
Eli made himself hard to ignore by being super adorable as he followed us around being our caddy.
See. Caddy cuteness.


It was fun to come up with what our "holes" should be. This one was one of my favorites. We had to hit that bench which ended up being tricky because you had to throw a perfectly straight throw to avoid hitting the trees. Needless to say, I hit a tree. I also kind of love this picture.
Here's another favorite hole. We had to throw it through the picnic table to hit the tree right behind it.
Check out my stance. I actually did a lot better than I expected myself to. My brother Abe had taught me a few frisbee moves before I went to college. My training definitely paid off.
Did I mention is was 100 degrees outside? It was pretty darn hot. We enjoyed cooling off with my favorite summer treat -- snow cones!
It was fun to spend an evening outside doing summery things and refreshing to re-disc-over our love post baby.

Sarah High - The park ended up being the greatest frisbee golf course and it was extra great because we had the whole park to ourselves.
Sarah Low - I kept spilling my snow cone on myself.

Jeff High - Eli being the caddy.
Jeff Low - How hot it was.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like the perfect summer date!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a very fun (but HOT) date. The picture of the trees and the bench is a pretty picture. You didn't show us what Eli looked like as he was eating his snow cone. Welcome back to the world of weekly dating. I can hardly wait to see what Jeff comes up with next time.

    ReplyDelete