A Minute of Your Time (8-21-11)

My date theme, "A Minute of Your Time," seemed appropriate for this week with Jeff's crazy work schedule. Luckily he ended up having a couple minutes to spare for our date night so we gathered some household materials for a few "Minute to Win It" games.
Here we are ready to lob some CDs at an unsuspecting watermelon.
I did not succeed.
Jeff put his game face on and then I knew he wasn't going easy on me with all these games. This is his high of the night. Sticking the two CDs just before the buzzer sounded.
Then we lined up cups of pennies from heaviest to lightest. Again, Jeff was a victor.
And I was not. I'm a little upset that after 17 years of school I'm only now seeing how unattractive my concentration face is. Good thing Jeff and I didn't have any classes together until after we were married.
Next up: Blow all the cards off a table except for the Kings.
At about this time I was ready to run to the computer to find out how to sign Jeff up for the game show. He did everything first try!

Yay! I finally got one!
Then we had to get a ping pong ball in each of those half plates. This game left us out of breath with no success to show for it.
It turns out it's kind of hard to laugh and blow a ping pong ball up a miniature ping pong ball mountain.
Then we balanced a few dice on a knife. Which was actually not that hard. Seeing as I did it.

Then we attempted the impossible task of rolling a quarter between the prongs of a fork. Attempted.

After that, Jeff managed to consecutively bounce five ping pong balls into a cup. I did not. (I love his crooked smile in this picture.)
Nor was I able to balance a plate and five blocks on my head.
But Jeff couldn't do that either.
We had a fun night all for the price of a few ping pong balls. And now I have a great idea for our next Cub Scouts Pack Meeting.
Jeff High - Watermelon Toss.
Jeff Low - The impossibleness of the quarter challenge.

Sarah High - Trying to blow the ping pong ball into the plates. For some reason that was hilarious to me at the time.
Sarah Low - My CDs are now covered in watermelon juice.

2 comments: