Salty Date (6-3-11)

It was Jeff's turn to plan the date. He had been wanting to go to Antelope Island for a while, so he figured date night was the perfect night to make the journey.

We are finding it might be hard to do date nights without the baby. So we make do and let him come along while he's awake.

Who knew there were sandy beaches in the middle of Utah?!? I had to keep reminding myself we weren't in California.




Salty part one of the date was our visit out to The Great Salt Lake. Part two was salty snacks. Jeff made yummy homemade tortillas so we could have enchiladas with our chips.


Then we finished the night off watching the movie "Salt" (not recommended, but you gotta do what you gotta do to fit a theme). It was such a clever date my sweet husband planned for us!

One of my favorite things to do is to ask people their "high lows." It's the best part of something and the worst part of something. I have decided to start documenting the high lows from our dates. Here are the salty date high lows:

Sarah's High: When Jeff told me the "Salty Date" theme.

Sarah's Low: This low needs some explanation. We have had tons of spiders in our house the last couple of days. Everywhere. Spiders. Yuck. I hate spiders. The day before our date I spent the last two hours before Jeff got home from work chasing down a huge spider with a bottle of hairspray, hyperventilating and screaming.

Also, a few nights earlier, Jeff had made a smoothie and let's just say the...blender...malfunctioned and we've been finding strawberry smoothie splattered in random places of our kitchen ever since.

So Jeff was in the kitchen cooking dinner. I found a splatter of smoothie on a ribbon on one of our decorations. I lifted up the ribbon and pointed it out to Jeff.

Jeff stared in awe. It was weird from my point-of-view. But from his view, he could see my finger was millimeters away from a huge, nasty spider under the ribbon. That was definitely my low.

Jeff's High: He had fun homemaking the tortillas for dinner. Nevermind that he did that all by himself...

Another one of Jeff's highs happened while we were driving around Antelope Island. All of a sudden a buffalo popped out from the side of the road and crossed the street right in front of us. Then another one and another one. We were happy to see a little wildlife on our Antelope Island tour.

Jeff's Low: There were a zillion gnats around The Great Salt Lake. When we went down by the water Jeff said they were all over Eli and his hair.

1 comment:

  1. No one has posted a comment on this yet, so I thought I better.

    Jeff! Cute idea! Way to go being all clever and fun.

    ReplyDelete