Life Gave Us Lemons (7/27/11)

Jeff had the great idea to whip up AllRecipes.com's top rated freshly squeezed lemonade recipe. Believe it or not, it involved the stove:
And not so surprisingly, lots of lemons.
Which were easily squeezed thanks to this juicer Jeff bought at the beginning of our marriage that I thought was a little unnecessary. Looks like I was wrong.
Here's about the time Jeff told me there's a 40-year old man in Ogden whose day job is manning a lemonade stand.
And here's about when I told Jeff our lemonade looked so good we should be the ones with a lemonade stand.
Complete with lemon wedges. We were in paradise.
Seriously. The best. Lemonade. I've ever tasted. Blew Chick-Fil-A's out of the water.
Then we noticed we had a few strawberries. So Jeff started smashing and we experimented a little with our recipe. All variations were delicious.
Freshly squeezed lemonade, freshly popped popcorn, and a freshly rented movie were all brought to the basement to finish off the night.
Source Code. And beardy. And snuggling. It was perfect.
Sarah High - Putting the lemon wedges on the cups. It instantly turned the lemonade gourmet.
Sarah Low - I underestimated the amount of popcorn a half cup of kernels produces. My original bowl was way too small. I'd like to take this moment to request the storage container my dad calls his popcorn bowl to be my inheritance.

Jeff High - Finding and successfully making the best lemonade ever tasted by mankind.
Jeff Low - Source Code didn't live up to its hype.

2 comments:

  1. I just used a lemon juicer (for the first time, I might add) at Abe and Klarissa's last weekend.

    I laughed at "And beardy." Funny!!

    We'll add you to the list of other children who may want your father's popcorn "bowl" as part of their inheritance.

    Another cute date post, although in the pictures of you two together, it always feels like there is another person on the date with you taking your picture. I'll have to learn the technique of the auto timer feature on the camera so we can take pictures of ourselves and eliminate those tacky hold-out-your-arm-as-far-as-it-can-go-and-then-snap-the-photo pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, who was that bearded guy on your date? Sounds like a fun date with ole beardy!

    ReplyDelete