A Double Date (9-3-11)

Jeff wanted to take advantage of my parents' satellite to watch the first BYU game this season. I took advantage of being in Bountiful and scheduled to meet up with one of my high school friends for lunch and call it a double date!
Melissa and her husband Kyle had just moved into a new apartment. We took a tour of their cute home and then we were off to Apollo Burger. Many people don't know this, but Apollo Burger is mildly  famous for their Root Beer and French Fries. And by mildly famous I really just mean Melissa loves their Root Beer and French Fries.
Melissa and I talked about her new job as a teacher while Jeff and Kyle kept an eye on the Utah State game.
And we did have a little fifth wheel. Who was kind of crazy because we attempted a booster seat instead of a high chair. Which quickly proved to be a mistake. But we couldn't find a high chair at the time. And it was only as we were leaving we realized there had been a high chair about six feet away from us the entire time. Oh well. My arms needed the workout after all those delicious fries I ate.
Jeff had a mini panic attack after I got up to refill my drink and sat back down on the end, leaving Jeff squished between me and Eli. He chose to remove himself from the table and finish his meal with plenty of elbow room. Again, this problem could have been prevented if only we had found that high chair a half an hour earlier.
We said goodbye to Kyle and Melissa (U of U fans) to watch the BYU game.

The picture below is for my brother Jacob. Jacob just got unlimited texting for the first time in his 30-something year life and he feels he has a lot of catching up to do. For the past three weeks, the whole family has been getting bombarded by Jacob texts. Including Jeff. So I figured Jacob would appreciate seeing the effort Jeff put into keeping their communication lines connected throughout the game.
Melissa High - Being the first double date on Excelladaters.
Kyle High - As Jeff was trying to get to Apollo Burger, he turned into the wrong parking lot. We could see our destination, but a curb blocked our route. Jeff didn't see this as a problem and plowed right over the curb. It only scratched the bottom of the car a little.

Jeff must have been feeling adventurous (or reckless?) because again on the way out we jumped another curb. And then again as we were parking to drop our double date off. Kyle enjoyed Jeff's...sense of adventure.

Jeff High - Finally eating at Apollo Burger because he's wanted to go there for a while.
Jeff Low - His moment of claustrophobia.

Sarah High - Hearing about Melissa's first week of teaching and seeing pictures of her classroom.
Sarah Low - The high chair we could have had.

2 comments:

  1. I love the picture of Eli looking up at Kyle. I also love them mention of Jacob's frequent texting. I apologize for my husband but I don't think it will stop he's a texting addict now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like a sixth wheel on your double date now. But Jeff, why didn't you text me during the Utah State game?

    ReplyDelete