Flooded Family Dinner Date (9-17-11)

My "date" is really the kickoff of a weeklong date. Me and Jeff. Living it up while he's off work. Spending every second together in marital bliss. Okay, so he may already be sick of me but he wasn't when we went down to Draper to meet up with his sister, mom and dad.

And we finally got those Krispy Kremes we'd been craving on the way down. Heaven.
Off to a good start with this date.
I only felt like a little bit of a fatty after realizing we had picked up doughnuts on our way to Chuck-A-Rama.
When Eli got squirmy, Grandma was to the rescue! She has the touch.
Laura ventured out alone with all four kids! I have a hard enough time leaving the house with one baby.
After our bellies were full, we went over to Laura's to visit for a while.
And of course to hold new Baby Coleman. Cutie!
Eli had the time of his life playing downstairs with the big kids and staying up way past his bedtime. When Kaelynn came running upstairs telling me Eli was in her dollhouse, I knew it was sure to be a Kodak moment. I was glad I brought my camera after I found Eli being a life-sized Ken.
Thanks for providing me a date night Excell Family!

Jeff High - Chuck-A-Rama was the most high class Chuck-A-Rama we've ever been to. The food was surprisingly good.

Jeff Low - It rained the whole time we were eating and by the time we got out to the car, our front tires were half under the water and our rear tires were completely sunk. Jeff had to wade through calf-high water/sewage to get Eli in the car.

Sarah High - Seeing Coleman's cute train room. I should have taken a picture of it. Laura got an old book from D.I. and cut out some vintagey looking trains from it to hang in frames on the wall. Such a great idea for decorating on a budget! I already told her I'd probably be copying her idea.

Sarah Low - I forgot to get Mac and Cheese at Chuck-A-Rama. I weirdly love the Mac and Cheese at places like that.

3 comments:

  1. Aw, Laura had her baby! I feel a connection to it since I knew about the baby's existence before you did! (Laura, are you reading this? He looks really cute! Good work! Oh, and I think you're superwoman for going out by yourself with all four.)

    I loved the "visiting" that happened at Laura's house. Everyone looks so enthralled in their own electronic device.

    And I loved the life-sized Ken doll. Silly baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a fun night and I am glad we could all get together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost forgot about your date blog. Glad I re-found it. It is really fun. I only went out with all 4 because I knew I wouldn't be alone. We were glad that you got to come over. It was a fun night.

    ReplyDelete