End of Buzzy Season

The date started at Costa Vida. Eli and I had been sick all week and Costa Vida was the only thing that sounded good. Excited something actually did sound good, I informed Jeff of his dinner plans for us. I was disappointed after I got my food and realized it didn't look that great in person. I choked down an enchilada while Eli enjoyed my scraps.
Note: At Costa Vida we had a beardy and a make-uped, hair-did, smiling, happy Sarah.
After coming home, Jeff told me he had had it with his busy season beard. A beard is now traditional for busy season. I guess he doesn't want to waste his precious sleep time on shaving in the morning. But since busy season is finally winding down (!!!!), Jeff proclaimed he was going to leave the ranks of mountain man and enter the status of baby-face.
But what happened to me? I had a threatening encounter with a very intrusive bee and a shower was the only thing that could ensure I was bee free. So much for getting all dolled up for the date.
So after we re-got ready, we played an exciting game of Yahtzee! We were happy to find Eli has no problem sleeping through the clanking of dice.

One of my favorite parts of the night happened right after Jeff rolled a full house. He seems to get full houses all the time. So I said, "Dang! I have such a hard time getting a full house!" Then I rolled the die and got this beauty first try:
Bada bing bada boom -- first Yahtzee of the night! That Yahtzee won me the first game.
At the end of our second game, I was going for sixes and I was not having any luck. I ended up taking a twelve on them. Then Jeff said he was going to take a "0" on his Yahtzee space and I freaked because I forgot I could do that. So my last roll, I was banking on the Yahtzee. Let's just say I'm happy I didn't take that "0" after all!
I won the second game, too! Here's what Jeff did for 15 minutes after the game. He added, re-added and tried to figure out how he lost that second game. He was sure he had it in the bag, but that last roll saved me.
Sarah High - My last-ditch Yahtzee payoff.
Sarah Low - Need I remind you?

Jeff High - He gave me a few games to choose from and he was glad I chose Yahtzee since we haven't played it in forever.
Jeff Low - Losing to me. Twice.

2 comments:

  1. So glad Jeff is still looking very healthy (in both his beardy and baby-face photos). Still no trace of illness coming his way it looks like. I'm so happy for him!

    Cute date post. Way to go on the Yahtzees and the winning of the games. Sorry Jeff! Better luck next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog inspired me to whip out the old Yahtzee box. I made Jacob play with me when he was ready to go to bed. I'm sure glad I did because I got 3 yahtzee's! I never ever get one. Thanks Sarah!

    Oh, and sorry to make you paranoid about your towel. I remembered that it wasn't a wasp though it was a spider and a spider leg that fell off. Worse than a wasp, for me.

    ReplyDelete