Homemade Mini Golf (2-24-12)

Our date started at our most frequented restaurant -- Chuck-A-Rama. Jeff is starting to refuse to go anywhere else. And I don't mind finishing off a meal with all the ice-cream I could hope for.
Friday nights at Chuck-A-Rama are crazy! We braved the line and were shocked to see Eli was such a happy boy confined to our arms for the thirty minute wait. Then he kept himself happy by sitting like this for half the meal.
Jeff was a happy man. Did you know Chuck-A-Rama now serves Green Smoothies? Okay. Not really. But Eli loved that green slushie almost as much as he loves his Green Smoothies.
With stuffed stomaches we went home to continue our date there. (You know it's busy season when Jeff's beard comes to visit. He started growing it a few weeks early so it's already in full bloom.)
I am going to have a hard time paying for mini-golf ever again. We made our own mini-golf course and making the course was half the fun. We started with having a paper cup be the hole, but then we realized Eli's toy (in the left of this picture) had a perfect spot for us to hit the ball into and it was a much sturdier option.

Hole 2.

We got creative on hole 3 and constructed a ramp. This was our favorite hole and we played it twice. I got a hole-in-one the second time!
Hole 4. Complete with sand traps and bunkers.
Here's a blurry hole 5. We had a ramp going down and then a ramp going back up. Jeff got a hole-in-one on this one.
Jeff won by one point. Shucks.
Jeff High - Beating me at golf.
Jeff Low - After seeing a long line at Chuck-A-Rama, we drove around to find another place to eat, but then we ended up going to Chuck-A-Rama anyway and the line was way longer after we went back.

Sarah High - Getting a hole-in-one.
Sarah Low - My visiting teachers came over right before our date and brought me cookies. I ate about seven cookies before we went out to eat. Not the best idea especially when you're going to a buffet.

3 comments:

  1. Cute idea. The golf date looked fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are seriously so clever! Fun idea. I would probably end up bashing a hole in our TV though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are going to have to go to Chuck-A-Rama to see what all the fuss is about. It's going to take a lot of talking to convert me that it's better than Golden Corral, but I'm willing to give it a try.

    Since we just played mini golf with Abe and Klarissa, it make me want to try my club at your course.

    ReplyDelete