A Night Under the Clouds (6-10-11)

It was my turn to plan the date again! I wanted to have a romantic date night under the stars. I made a "date card" for Jeff (like from The Bachelor). I taped it to our front door the night before our date and I rang the doorbell. Then I ran up to our room to let him know his date card had just arrived. I think I'm going to start doing that for every date. It was fun.
I borrowed my parents' croquet set for the evening.
And I spiced it up by making a few rules of my own. I had my mom put together a list of quotes from all our favorite TV shows and then each time we went through a hoop we were read a quote and had to guess who said it. If we got it wrong, we lost the extra hit we would have earned from getting through the hoop.



I had forgotten Jeff basically lived a double life during college as a croquet champion and he blew me out of the water. It also didn't help that he's really good at remembering TV quotes. He had a major advantage.

Then Eli started crying and I got bored while Jeff was tending to our child:
Looking good.

We finished up our game of croquet and sat down to do a little star gazing. Then we noticed it was cloudy. And cold. And to top it off, we were interfering with a cute little baby bird learning how to fly. We decided nature was trying to tell us to go inside. We watched the bird from inside for a little bit and then we watched a few episodes of Arrested Development.
Jeff High - Beating me at croquet
Jeff Low - Shuffling through the quotes to find the right questions and answers.

Sarah High - Watching the baby bird flop out of the nest and learn how to fly.
Sarah Low - It was cloudy. So my starry date wasn't so starry.

6 comments:

  1. How in the world did MOM come up with the quotes? Out of everyone you know, she seems the least qualified.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Did Jeff get a rose at the end of the date?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt the least bad about making mom spend hours putting together the quotes for us. I just gave her some websites with quotes and she did her magic.

    And Jeff got a gold star at the end of this date. Roses are too expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, this is so dang cute. Love the name, love the design (which I seriously need to learn how to do!) Hate the spiders. I'm with you on that one! A few weeks ago I saw a big hairy one crawling INCHES from Will's face while he was playing on a blanket on the floor. It ruined my whole day! :) Hope we get to see you when (the other) Will gets married!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'm offended with the "MOM is the least qualified" comment left by Rebecca!! I think I did an awesome job with the assignment given me!! I even added an unsolicited bonus quote just for the enjoyment of the dating couple. That was going above and beyond the call of duty.

    The name of your blog is so very clever. I love the idea of blogging about your fun date nights and I hope it does inspire others to date more as well. Think of how great the world would be if more couples stayed in love.

    And I love the high lows of your dates. Be sure to keep that up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! Mom, I don't doubt that you did an awesome job. I only doubted whether you had ever seen any of the shows she and Jeff watch!

    ReplyDelete