How it Started

On May 27, 2011 I decided I wanted to start dating my husband. The night before, we had talked about how fun Friday nights used to be. Shortly after we were married, I was scheduled to work every Friday night. Our busy schedules caused us to lose the Friday night excitement and along with that, we lost our weekly date night.

After I had Eli, I quit work and we suddenly had Friday nights open again, but we had forgotten what to do with an open Friday night! It took me a whole year to remember we can still date and have fun on Fridays even though we're married. I sent this little poem to Jeff while he was at work on Friday:



I planned the first date night. We ended up going to McDonald's to grab dinner (romantic, right?) and then we took it to a park to have a little picnic. After we ate, we walked around the park and there were a bunch of girls playing softball. We watched them play for a little while and then went home to put Eli to bed.

After we put Eli to bed, we began making an apple pie together.


Jeff made the crust and I made the filling. I had found some weird questions on the internet to ask Jeff while we were baking and it was fun to hear his responses. While the pie was cooking we played Phase 10 and I was the proud winner.
The pie was absolutely DELICIOUS!

Our first date night was a success and I let Jeff know I was interested in a second date with him. I was acting a little goofy that night, so he hesitated to agree to go out with me again, but something's telling me he was just playing hard to get.

4 comments:

  1. Whoops. I forgot that was on there. That's what Jeff calls me. It's short for Sar Bear. Sarb. Because I hate Sar Bear. Then I hated Sarb. But now I think Sarb is funny so it's grown on me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, this is the cutest blog ever! Love everything about it and it definitely makes me want to plan some cute dates. Love the nickname too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where does "Zuzzy" rate on your list of liking nicknames?

    ReplyDelete