Somewhere Old, Somewhere New (9-21-11)

Jeff's brother and his new wife live up in Logan, not too far from us. Jeff's week off was the perfect time to make a visit up to see their apartment.
Oh...and maybe we also had them watch Eli so we could visit the Logan temple. We'd never been to the Logan temple before and I love going to new temples. I have a dream to one day make a gallery wall in our house of all the temples we've been to. It's always fun to add a new one to the list.
We enjoyed our session and I was pleased to see Jeff even agreed to suffer through a mini photo-shoot after.
I'm so used to getting my picture taken with Jeff or Eli that I always feel and look very uncomfortable posing by myself.
I think it's the hands on the hips, but this picture of Jeff reminds me of him posing in pictures on his mission. Maybe I should have gone on a mission to cure my awkward loner poses.
I was a little disappointed to see the Logan temple isn't white, but it still proved to be beautiful.
We got back to a dance party in Bryan and Celeste's apartment. Eli seriously cried when he saw us. He had way too much fun with his uncle and aunt. And he may or may not have torn apart their house in the meantime. Thanks again, guys!
As we passed Chuck-A-Rama on the way into town, Jeff's taste buds were set. It had been less than a week since our last trip to Chuck-A-Rama, but Jeff still wanted more.
 I'm not one to make the same mistake twice. I made sure to get my mac and cheese this time around.


Bryan High - His smokin' hot wife, Boogity, Boogity, Boogity, Amen. (That's all Bryan wanted me to write, but I feel the need to elaborate. Bryan showed me this video at the restaurant and I didn't realize until I was halfway done with it how loud it was and that everyone in our section of the restaurant was staring at us. Anyway, the rest of the night we were quoting the Nascar prayer.)
Bryan Low - He had to balance doing homework and playing with Eli.

Celeste High - Watching Eli and Bryan go down the slide at the park together. The static from the slide made their hair poof out on the way down.
Celeste Low - Her apartment was dirty and her visiting teacher dropped by while she was watching Eli.

Sarah High - Bryan asked me what my high lows were as we were saying goodbye. I would have forgotten to ask them theirs and it's rare for someone to ask me my high lows first so that made my whole night.
Sarah Low - ...Bad mom award over here... I forgot to change/check Eli's diaper the whole night and I walked out of Chuck-A-Rama with a very wet baby.

Jeff High - Going to the Logan temple for the first time.
Jeff Low - He ate too much at Chuck-A-Rama

2 comments:

  1. Well, Sarah, even though you might have earned a bad mom award for a wet diaper, I think you're a smokin' hot wife because you look so cute in every picture taken of you.

    Loved the highs and lows of everyone.

    Looks like you had a boogity, boogity, boogity time. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite part of the post was the plate of chuck-a-rama food. Usually when you see pictures of plated food on a blog it's like looking at a piece of artwork. It made me laugh.

    I've always wanted to go to the Logan temple. It reminded me of a castle when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete