Rummikub (8-12-11)

With Jeff's exhausting work schedule these days, I told him not to stress too much about our date. After all, we basically hadn't seen each other in five days so spending an evening just staring at each other could have been romantic.

So our date evolved into a chill night. Which was just what we both needed.
We started with our favorite summer activity -- talking on our lawn chairs in the backyard while daydreaming about the renovations we'd like to do to our house.
Then we went inside for a few rousing games of Rummikub. It's no Sequence, but it's the best we have.

Deep in thought. Jeff always makes fun of me when I play Rummikub because at least once a game I'll announce, "Okay, now remember where everything is." Followed by me rearranging everything only to find myself one number short, leaving me with a tile still in my hand, and a mess of mismatched tiles on the board.

It was only somewhat obvious I had picked up the smiley after I discreetly took several pictures of my tiles from various angles with an excited grin on my face.
After Rummikub we watched an episode of Monk.

Sarah High - Singing "Red, Red Eleven you know what they say, Red, Red Eleven you'll make it some day," (if you can't tell, it's sung to a song from Joseph and the Amazing Technicolored Dream Coat) when we both needed a red eleven.

Sarah Low - We were going to go to a drive-in movie, but there wasn't a movie we wanted to see.

Jeff High - Watching Monk

Jeff Low - He didn't have very much time to plan the date.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you aren't letting a busy work week get in the way of having your regular weekly dates. Looks like another fun one. After all, you were playing my favorite game. And I do know the feeling of hearing the dreaded words "Okay, now remember where everything is..." coming from Sarah's mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've ever played Rummikub-if only we would have bought you a sequence t-shirt.

    ReplyDelete