Shake Things Up (8-3-12)

Dating cards have become half the fun of date night for me. I love coming up with a little saying and seeing Jeff try to figure out what we're doing.

I don't think he guessed that we'd be making homemade ice-cream for our date this week. I was reminded of how to make ice-cream in a bag on Pinterest, so I got the ingredients and made a date out of it.
It was really simple. Only three ingredients, a little ice and salt and you're ready to start shaking.
Caution: Date may cause frostbite. Take precautionary measures.
Hello beautifuls.
So tasty. So perfect. So delicious. So refreshing on a hot summer's eve.
We enjoyed our snack on the front porch mmmmm-ing all the way. It was so good. So good that we made another batch for lunch the next day.
In an effort to stick with the shaking theme, I suggested we could play Yahtzee, but we were feeling lazy and opted to get a RedBox instead. It was a good choice. I fell asleep 20 minutes into it and definitely needed the extra sleep after our first week of Jeff's busy season.

Sarah High - Talking on the front porch.
Sarah Low - Getting bug bites on the front porch.

Jeff High - How good the ice-cream tasted.
Jeff Low - He thought the movie was dumb. (Mirror, Mirror) But yet he stayed up to watch the whole thing basically by himself. Something tells me he liked it a little more than he wants me to believe...

4 comments:

  1. I'm impressed your ice cream turned out so delicious you wanted to repeat the experience the next day. I will anxiously be awaiting Jeff's high lows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see now that you have added Jeff's high and low. Tell Jeff Natalie, Emma and I loved Mirror, Mirror (despite Emma clinging onto me for dear life during the scary parts of the movie). I'm sure we all would have loved eating the ice cream. Speaking of ice cream...Ben and Haley had made some homemade ice cream and a little bit was left so I got to eat the last of it when we got home from our trip. It was with the homemade ice cream taste in my own mouth that I read of your ice cream. YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like trying to guess what your date cards mean too! I was thinking Yahtzee but ice cream sounds even better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautifuls! Nice treat I am gonna have to try this! Thank you for inspiring to make more creative dates with Dylan!

    ReplyDelete