Brotherly Barbecue (9-15-12)

Jeff kind of inherited/stole his dad's old grill. We couldn't let the summer pass without having some company over for a little barbecuing! Who better to have than Bryan who served his mission in Alabama and was anxious to show us how they smoke dem ribs and bake dem some macaroni. I lived in the south for a little bit so it's not offensive that I wrote that last sentence that way.
 Jeff made a delish garden salsa for an appetizer.
 Bryan and Celeste whipped up the mac and cheese. Hello beautiful.
Salsa was gone in 2.4 seconds.
Smokin' dem ribs.
Boys and fire. This is my life.
 Jeff's seal of approval that the meat was ready.
We couldn't have a southern barbecue without cole slaw gracing our plates!
I basically kicked back with my feet up the whole time because my contribution was rosemary bread which I had made earlier.
Why did I ever move further away from Alabama, ya'll?!?
Oh yeah. The cockroaches. And scorpions. And tornadoes. It's all coming back to me.

2 comments: