An Almost Box Social (11-18-11)

Through a series of running into the right people at the right time the beginning of my sophomore year of college, a group formed. A group that met together every Sunday night to play games and be together. This event became known as a "Box Social" and we're still not exactly sure what that means. Well, I'm not sure anyway.

Marriages happened and people moved away. The Box Socials died a sudden death.

Until last Friday when most of the core Box Socialites realized we'd all relocated to northern Utah and we figured we needed to get together and see if the fire was still there.
Rewind. Before you can fully enjoy our date night, you must know how it started. And you must know I'm horrible with directions. Jeff and I planned to have Jeff ride the train into Woods Cross so that we could drive down to Salt Lake together. I'd just pick him up at the station and we'd be on our way. Simple. Perfect. Eco friendly.

Well, eco friendly until I find myself driving around for forty five minutes trying to find the Woods Cross train station in a blizzard in the dark. Not to mention, I had the stress of knowing my husband was stranded out in that blizzard waiting for my arrival.

I almost cried. I really didn't think I'd ever find the station. I had to call my Dad so I could have personalized navigation through the very confusing Utah grid system...

I eventually found my nearly frostbitten husband. He said he would have expected nothing less from me.  And then he gave me very specific directions on how to drive to Salt Lake while he blasted the heat and rubbed his hands together for extra warmth.

We met our friends at The Macaroni Grill and it was as if we'd never been apart. Allow me to introduce you to: Kenz, Andy, Joe and Brianne.
And now allow me to note that my Mom was a saint and took Eli for a few hours so we could fully enjoy our meal and company. (Thanks a million, Mom!)
My favorite part of the night was when Brianne asked me if we had a name picked out for the new baby. I told her we're thinking about the name Carson. To which Kenz said, "I've only met really nice Carsons, so I think that's a great name. Wait...was that stereotypical?"

Joe answered, "No. It would have been stereotypical if you would have said ALL Carsons are nice." Then one way or another everyone started calling Kenz a "Carsist."

Eventually Joe said my favorite comment of the night which was, "Is there a less offensive name we could call Carson?"

To which Jeff said, "Yes. Carson is only the name they use amongst themselves."

It was hilarious. And after typing this out I'm realizing it was probably a "had to be there" moment.
 Kenz and Andy quickly took advantage of the creative outlet.
We were noisy and obnoxious and that's how you know you've had a really good time. It was fun to get the group together again.
Jeff High - "Getting to go to a restaurant without Eli...wait...is that bad?" (We love you, Eli. Even if we don't always want to wrestle you when we go to fancy restaurants.)
Jeff Low - Almost being stood up on our date.

Sarah High - Carsist.
Sarah Low - We paid $5.00 in parking and I knew there was free parking somewhere close. Staying true to my inner lack of direction, I just didn't know exactly where that free parking was.

1 comment:

  1. As usual, your post once again made me laugh. It sounds like a fun night with your friends. I am so glad you include your highs and lows in your date posts. They are so funny. Jeff had a couple of great funnies in this post. I love it when Jeff says witty things.

    ReplyDelete