UNO Fine Date (11-11-11)

We didn't really realize our date was on 11.11.11 until just now when I typed the title of our date. But I'm really regretting not taking advantage of that theme! I guess we'll have to wait for the next 11.11.11 to start the tradition of playing UNO on the one filled date.

Despite our missed theme opportunity, we still had a fun time. Ever heard of IKEA? I could spend all day there. We were on the hunt for some storage boxes for our entertainment center and we didn't mind rummaging through the whole store in the meantime.
Everything in IKEA is cheap and cute! It probably makes my top 5 favorite stores list. Especially because you can get fro-yo for $1 as you're leaving the store. Can't pass that up.
Luckily we had our IKEA date when Jeff's parents were in town for a BYU game. They were so nice to let us barge in on their dinner with Ben and Laura.
Ben and Laura had arranged for a babysitter to watch their kids during their date. When Eli started acting up I was wishing we'd gotten a sitter and I was feeling bad for ruining their childless date...sorry!

Would you believe me if I told you Eli loves salsa? No? He was quadruple dipping his chips in it! He got a bit restless so Jeff gave him a lollipop to try to keep him entertained and he even started dipping that in the salsa! Mi nino es loco!
When the lollipop didn't entertain him anymore, Grandpa Excell saved us by getting him some Skittles to munch on. That did the trick!
Sarah High - Watching Eli dip everything into the salsa.
Sarah Low - I had a headache most of the night.

Jeff High - Finding the storage boxes we went to IKEA for.
Jeff Low - Eli at dinner. It's always a battle.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry your babysitter was out of town that day... NOT!! I was having lots of fun with my husband that day. Looks like you managed to have a great meal despite your little loco nino.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I wish we had an ikea! I've never been in the store, just dreamed of it. We have some crazy salsa loving babies too!

    ReplyDelete