Geocaching (11-7-11)

Our date started with a nice dinner that I thought looked fancy (despite mac and cheese being part of the meal) so I took a picture of it:
And then we hit the neighborhood to go geocaching. Never heard of it? I'll let Wikipedia do the explaining.
If you were too lazy to click the Wikiepdia link, think treasure hunting with a GPS. I brought the treasure maps.
And then I tried to include Eli in a picture. These are my new favorite pictures -- the ones with Eli lurking in the shadows.
Or I also like the date pictures with items strategically placed in front of Eli's face...
So here's Jeff being cold and looking for the capsule.
On the geocaching website, all the pro geocachers called anyone who wasn't geocaching Muggles. I thought that was funny. So we were calling everyone Muggles all night.
It's hard to be inconspicuous to Muggles when you're circling a tree searching high and low. We were not successful in our treasure hunt. We tried three geocaches and we didn't find a single treasure! Bust!
It was a fun date, but we agreed it would be a better summer date with more daylight and more warmth.

Jeff High - Calling everyone Muggles.
Jeff Low - Not finding anything.

Sarah High - Keeping an eye on the compass as we drove around town to find out where we needed to go.
Sarah Low - Changing a stinky diaper mid treasure hunting...cramped in the front seat of the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment