Let's Tie the Knot (7-6-12)

When I saw we had a wedding present that's been sitting in its wrapping for the past four years, I knew the time had finally come to put it to use.
 All I can say is, "Why the heck did we not crack that baby open sooner?!?"
First we spun the spinner and wrote down all of our spins so that we wouldn't have to deal with trying to spin mid game. It worked like a charm.
Thank you self timer for helping us capture our date nights. What self timer didn't capture was Jeff's Twister strategy. He made sure I didn't have a lot of options and he got me in a garbled mess every game. I never knew he was such a skilled Twisterian. The things you learn from date night.
I forgot to mention that we had made some pretzel dough that was rising during our game of Twister. After we were twisted out, we hit the kitchen to continue our knotty date... (I couldn't help it.)
I need to take a moment to thank Mel for yet another delicious recipe. That girl is an inspiration.
You have to dip the molded pretzels into a baking soda/water mixture. Our mixture didn't stay mixed very well, so Jeff got the brilliant idea to put the lid on the tupperware we were using to give it a good shake. Surely that would get everything nice and mixed, right?
Nope. Somehow his shaking managed to further assist the baking soda in separating from the water. Sometimes dating your spouse leads to unintended science experiments.
Here are our bronzed beauties. They. Were. Scrumptious. I ate somewhere between 2-6 for breakfast this morning.
Jeff High - Knocking me over in Twister.
Jeff Low - He put too much salt on his pretzels.

Sarah High - This conversation:
Sarah, "Jeff, thanks for being such a good sport in putting up with these dates."
Jeff, "What do you mean, 'putting up with the dates?' I love our date nights. I'm not putting up with anything."  He's cute.
Sarah Low - I was sick. Boo.

4 comments:

  1. You are so funny! 'Knotty date' live it. I wish that I could come up with simple yet fun date nights like you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got sick?! Was it croup? Sounded like a fun date night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Were you trying to make some of those pretzels look like hearts? One of them is a perfect heart. Your knotty date looks fun--just like all the other creative dates you've done. I'm always amazed at the ideas you both come up with to keep your dating alive. Impressive that you're back at it. And keep up the highs and lows. They always make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete