Wedding Date (7-16-11)

Is there a better date than spending the day watching a good friend get married? I didn't think so. Friday morning we hopped in the car and drove to St. George excited to see Jeff's good friend Will tie the knot.
It was the first wedding I have seen as an outsider. I enjoyed reliving our wedding throughout the day. One of my favorite moments of our wedding day happened just before Jeff and I got married. We were sitting in a little room together, waiting for all our guests to arrive. I told Jeff I was excited or something. Then Jeff told me he wished there was a window in the room so he could escape. He went on and on about his escape plan until the sealer ushered us out of the room. I'm still not completely sure if he was joking that day.

Anyway, back to the Mitchells. Here's the lovely couple coming out of the temple. I loved her dress. She looked so pretty.



Here's the now separated couple. Best. Day. Ever.
It was a hot day in St. George. After an hour of standing in the heat, I figured it was a good time for a milkshake.
Yup. Good idea.
That evening we went to the reception that ended up being kind of like a work party. I worked with Will for almost three years and Will took Jeff's job at AllState after Jeff quit. When it wasn't being a work party, it was being a high school reunion as all Jeff's friends were coming out of the woodwork. Even though there was the high potential for awkwardness associated with a work party and a high school reunion, we still had a fun time catching up with old friends and wishing the new couple a happy marriage.
Sarah high - Losing the wedge in my marriage.
Sarah low - Wrestling Eli at the luncheon. He wanted to be a part of the party. But he always chose to scream at the most emotional and inconvenient moments.

Jeff high - Seeing Will get married.
Jeff low - Leaving the luncheon early because Eli was not cooperating.

No comments:

Post a Comment